Dermatology Expert Forum
Cyst on Chest
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cyst on Chest

Hi,

Im a 23 female. I have a small cyst on my chest  (about the size of a small pea) a inch above my cleavage, I do not want to have it surgically removed because of the scar it would leave. I went to a doctor and he said that the sternum scars very easily. Are there any other treatments for removing the scar? Drainage? Antibotics? If it were to be surgically removed are there any minimually invasive procedures? Should I go to a plastic surgeon to have it removed?  Thank you for your time.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
I understand your problem, but your doctor is correct--the only way to remove a cyst is surgical, and that area scars badly.  There isn't any non-invasive way to remove it.  Seeing a plastic surgeon would be your best bet, though even stitching by a plastic surgeon would likely leave some kind of scar.  The surgeon would be the best judge of what it might look like, and then you could decide.  But if the cyst is that small, then you may well be unhappy with the result.  Sorry, but that's just how the skin heals there.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, Cyst on Chest with Blood Disorder was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker