Dermatology Expert Forum
Cyst on inside of cheek.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Cyst on inside of cheek.
I have had a growth that is very cyst-like on the inside of my cheek for some time.  My dentist said it was a "fibrosta" (He's spanish) or something and not to worry about it.  I would like to have it removed.  Would this be with a dermatologist or an oral surgeon?  Should I be concerned with this? My dentist did not seem to concerned, however it does anny me as I seem to play with it and chew it often.
Bob:

It doesn't sound serious, but it may well be annoying enough to remove.  Unless your dentist is surgically inclined, your best bet for removal would be an oral surgeon.  Find out howm involved the removal would be --  probably not much --  and then get it done at your convenience.

Best.

Dr. R