DANDRUFF AND SCALP RED SPOTS BUMPS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

DANDRUFF AND SCALP RED SPOTS BUMPS

Honestly i do not know when it started but i am always using my finger to rub on my scalp looking for something to scratch off , i have a serious problem with dandruff it comes and goes and sometimes grow over night.

When i have it bad i notice i have red spots or bumps on my scalp and i need help because i am very scared this might be some sort of disease ... can someone tell me what are these small red spots that appear ?
I am not a dermatologist and you need to see one.

However, I have a problem myself for which I get my results tomorrow.  

If you have dandruff and spots it could be caused by a yeast overgrowth similiar to when babies get cradle cap.  This is not uncommon.  This is why there are lots of anti-dandruff shampoos on sale.  Try Head and Shoulders or a Nizoral shampoo to see if it helps.  

But you need to go to a dermatologist to get it property diagnosed and treated and then you can forget about it.
It can be due to dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis. Dandruff can cause either an overly dry scalp with itchy white flakes that may be waxy or greasy, or it can manifest as an oily scalp with scales.
Seborrehic dermatitis, also called adult cradle cap is usually caused by overgrowth of Malassezia furfur. This skin disease is aggravated by sweating and humidity. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.