DARK HORIZONTAL LINING ON THE MIDDLE OF NOSE

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have a dark horizontal lining which started appearing three to four years ago slowly after i squeezed some pimples on my nose. I took it lightly that it will go away by itself but now it become darker and broader on the middle of my nose. Now it is clearly visible by anyone and makes the look not good. Can any one suggest me what treatment I have to use?
This can be due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Without treatment, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.