DHT and oily skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

DHT and oily skin

According to multiple articles I have read regarding oily skin, there is a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is ultimately responsible for stimulating the oil glands and causing excess sebum to be produced.  I have extremely oily skin, and therefore assumed that the levels of DHT in my system were very high.  I had a blood test done to confirm this, however the results were exactly the opposite of what I expected.  According to the test my DHT is low, very low actually.  The reading was 107.7 pg/mL.  The test indicated that normal levels for someone like me (I am a healthy 35 year old male) should be somewhere in a range of 155 - 553 pg/mL.  So I was wondering if my DHT level is really this low, then does it make any sense why my skin would be so oily?  Would taking a prescription drug to try and lower my DHT even further be of any advantage at all?  Is DHT even responsible for my oily skin in the first place, as all these articles would have me believe?  If you have any opinion it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much.