Dermatology Expert Forum
DRY/RED SHIN ON FACE

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

DRY/RED SHIN ON FACE

About two weeks ago I noticed some very dry skin on my face. Especially around my mouth.  After I washed the dry skin off I notice redness and some pimples on the corner of my mouth and under my nose.  It also seemed itchy on parts of the skin.  It looked as though I broke out.  A couple of days latter it healed.  But I noticed what looks like blackheads and some white pimples around the mouth area all the time.  Yesterday I broke out again at the corner of the mouth, and some pimples on my face and neck.  I still see blackheads and some white pimples around the mouth.  This time it seems to be confined to the corners of the mouth.  Areas of my face also seems to be dry flaky like the end when your skin heals from sunburn.  I wouldn't say peeling, but it has whiteness. i also have a Canker sore in my mouth Looking for help?
Can't tell from your description what, if anything is wrong.  It may just be some dry skin, in the general vicinity of some mild acne--whiteheads, blackheads, etc.  The canker sore is a separate issue, which will take care of itself.  

You can try over-the-counter acne washes and applications, and moisturize the dry spots with Lubriderm, or some other basic moisture lotion.

I think it would be worthwhile for you to see a skin doctor once for definitive diagnosis and treatment.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, Dry face and rash was started.