DSAP

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

DSAP

I have been researching DSAP for about 10 years now.  Up until a few months ago the treatments used in patients with DSAP had no effect on these unattractive 'spots'.  Again I research and google almost every other day in hopes that something has worked for someone.  There is one possible treatment discovered that may give relief to those who suffer from this condition.  Prescription strength D3 cream [Topical Tacalcitol used in the treatment of Psoriasis] used on a patient with DSAP  for a 6 month treatment period and the spots disappeared.  DSAP disappeared with a D3 cream?  I also wanted to state that Stress more than Sunlight make the spots 'pop out' and increase in size and multiply.   I am not a tanner and started getting spots when I was in my twenties.  I am 45 now and have always used a 15 or greater sunscreen.  I have always taken great care of my skin.   I noticed an excess of these 'spots' and darkening of the existing spots when I remarried and had to deal with unruly step teenagers.  The remember how stressed I was and remember noticing the changes of color and count that seemed to appear over night.  I hope that I would be the first to be chosen as a Candidate for experimental treatments.  As hard as I have tried to take care of it,  I don't know what it would be like to have flawless skin!
Tags: DSAP possible treatment