Dandruff patches in hair
Recently, i have got some hard dandruff patches on my scalp. I experience a lot of itching in them. I oil my scalp regularly and use an anti dandruff shampoo but so far no improvement. I have 4-5 such patches on my scalp and every time i brush my hair, a lot of dandruff comes out. Someone please advise!
hi am not sure but it may be seborrheic dermatitis.i think u should go for ketoconozole creams for its maintainance along with selenium sulfide and zinc pyrithione contained shampoos,
It can be due to dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis. Try medicated shampoos for dandruff. There are a number of over-the-counter shampoos available that can help. The most effective ingredients -- antimicrobials -- to look for are zinc pyridinethione, selenium sulfide, sulfur and ketoconazole (also available by prescription). If your hair is colored, don't use products with selenium sulfide or sulfur.

If the symptoms persist please consult a trichologist for the confirmatory diagnosis and treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for your responses. I plan to see a dermatologist in 2 days after my exams end because the patches and itching is getting worse. The skin on the patches is raised a bit and if i scratch it, red patches develop. and a lot of flakes fall out when i scratch or brush my hair. I will let you know what the doctor says. Thank you for your concern and help.