Dark, dry, flaky reoccuring patch on my chin
I am African American and I get dark patches that are usually mild to bad around my chin (sometimes around the parenthesis of my mouth also ). It comes and goes and will last weeks and sometimes months. It flakes and when I try to really scrape it off it comes of looking like  dark dandruff that wont rub in. It then clears up and comes back. This patch of dry discolored skin doesn't itch, bleed or puss. It doesn't even hurt.  Why does  this  area keep reoccurring and whats causing my chin  to be dark ,scaly, and dry? How do I get rid of it once and for all? Thanks :)

From the symptoms perioral dermatitis and atopic dermatitis needs to be ruled out. Perioral dermatitis is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

If the symptoms are not controlled by topical antibiotics, then oral antibiotics may be needed. My sincere advice is to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.