Dark, purple bumps on inner thighs.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark, purple bumps on inner thighs.

6133424?1284334365
Hello, I am a 19 y/o female. I have had these "boils" on my inner thighs for a while now. They come and go, but usually in the same spot, with a matching bump on the opposite thigh. They are very painful, sometimes I feel like I have to waddle when I walk (considering I am overweight and my thighs rub together). I squeeze them sometimes when they get too painful, because I can't bear the feeling of it anymore -- usually it is a mixture of pus and blood that comes out. I don't mean pus, then blood (like a pimple), but pus and blood seemingly blended together. Other times, however, only blood comes out. The pus is not hard, like a sebaceous cyst, nor are the bumps occurring where I shave. I doubt it is folliculitis for this reason. While the bumps fade, they don't really go away.

I have scoured the internet for this information, and seen similar posting, but no one has posted any pictures for comparison. Here is a picture of one of the bumps on my right inner thigh.

Any help on to what this is, how I can fix it or prevent it from occurring again, would be greatly appreciated!
The symptoms are suggestive of boils or chafing cause friction bumps. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. Apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean. Drainage of the bump is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi, I have this exact problem!  I am going to the doctor this Monday.  Have you found a diagnosis/solution?  Have you discovered a way to help prevent this condition?  
I hope you reply as I would like to have a plan when I visit my MD!!  If I need the cyst cut out to prevent future issues, then I will not delay.

Your leg looks just like mine!  
Thank you for posting; it's good to know I'm not alone!  (My sister also gets these!)
i also have these was like a spot so i popped it and the lump under the skin has gone on the right thigh but has left a purple scar i also fort i was getting a spot on my under arm and asked my mum to pop n she said it wasnt ready so i go to doctors and i get told its a superficial skin infection from the hir follicle it does dissapear on my underarm but i have another one on my left thigh now and its bugging me now i seem to get it when i come back from my boyfriends
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers