Dark, purple bumps on inner thighs.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark, purple bumps on inner thighs.

6133424?1284334365
Hello, I am a 19 y/o female. I have had these "boils" on my inner thighs for a while now. They come and go, but usually in the same spot, with a matching bump on the opposite thigh. They are very painful, sometimes I feel like I have to waddle when I walk (considering I am overweight and my thighs rub together). I squeeze them sometimes when they get too painful, because I can't bear the feeling of it anymore -- usually it is a mixture of pus and blood that comes out. I don't mean pus, then blood (like a pimple), but pus and blood seemingly blended together. Other times, however, only blood comes out. The pus is not hard, like a sebaceous cyst, nor are the bumps occurring where I shave. I doubt it is folliculitis for this reason. While the bumps fade, they don't really go away.

I have scoured the internet for this information, and seen similar posting, but no one has posted any pictures for comparison. Here is a picture of one of the bumps on my right inner thigh.

Any help on to what this is, how I can fix it or prevent it from occurring again, would be greatly appreciated!
The symptoms are suggestive of boils or chafing cause friction bumps. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. Apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean. Drainage of the bump is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi, I have this exact problem!  I am going to the doctor this Monday.  Have you found a diagnosis/solution?  Have you discovered a way to help prevent this condition?  
I hope you reply as I would like to have a plan when I visit my MD!!  If I need the cyst cut out to prevent future issues, then I will not delay.

Your leg looks just like mine!  
Thank you for posting; it's good to know I'm not alone!  (My sister also gets these!)
i also have these was like a spot so i popped it and the lump under the skin has gone on the right thigh but has left a purple scar i also fort i was getting a spot on my under arm and asked my mum to pop n she said it wasnt ready so i go to doctors and i get told its a superficial skin infection from the hir follicle it does dissapear on my underarm but i have another one on my left thigh now and its bugging me now i seem to get it when i come back from my boyfriends
I have same black hard bumps under skin of inner thighs - they are NOT boils which are closer to the surface.  They come and go - caused by sitting or sleeping for long periods in the same position in a hard chair, also from being overweight.  I've been searching the Internet for medical research and treatment. I'm very surprised that it is so uncommon and hard to find information about.  They seem to go away on their own, but if you sit behind a computer all day and/or drive in a car for long periods as I do - they keep coming back.  They do not open or pop - they do not have "heads" or pus - they are much farther under the skin - not painful but hard and discolored. It's not a bed sore or pressure sore either,  Cysts and Lipomas are pale - these are dark black.  One possibility - I read that they can be removed with liposuction, which implies it is related to fat cells.  
I've had some luck with just putting generic diaper rash ointment or calamine lotion on overnight - and try to keep the area free of clothing while
you sleep to give it air.    
You exactly described what i got about two days ago. Black pea sized ball under skin. I thought it could be a cancerous growth but since its by my butt (Perineum area) i don't want to get it checked out just yet. Hopefully it goes away. How long do they usually last with you? have you had any luck with further research on this?
I myself began getting them once I got pregnant, I gained from 165-275 in 8&1/2 mo. Gradually I'm losing,  it the boils keep coming especially in the hot summer even worse. Being obese myself, find it embarrassing to wear shorts period. I've used Mexana medicated powder to keep dry, prescribed pills from the obgyn., antibacterial soaps,  nothing helps. If I get a huge one, I know I shouldn't do it, but heat a needle poke it, drain it. Hurts like hell...but than I stay with an ugly purple scar. There has to be a resolution, it would be nice if it was covered by our insurance to get liposuction, since it is a medical issue.
I am a 14 yr old female and sadly i have the same problem because of the friction in between my thighs but i have a "treatment" for these hidious painful boils. What i do when i first get them i leave it alone until a head of pus is on the surface of the boil, i then use a tool for popping pimples (you can buy it at a beauty supply store for about 1.50) and although it is extremely painful to pop it, you must do so. Mainly a mixture of blood and pus comes out but anyway after i pop it i clean it with a cotton ball that has rubbing alcohol on it and leave it be until i cures itself. Now for the ugly purple scars it leaves u constantly jeep it moisturized by putting body lotion to prevent friction because any friction irritates the skin causing it to come back. To fade the scar i use regular cocoa butter and scar gel from any pharmacy. I really hope this works for you ladies <3 :)
I have the same issue right now and I have been even getting them on other places like my stomachs where I have a ton of stretch marks, everytime i see my dr the spotsare gone or not noticabke to my dr and it drives me nuts and its very painful
Hopefully I can offer some insight on my condition. I am NOT a doctor. This is just what I have been diagnosed with. I have those same purple spots on my inner thighs, VERY painful just as you described. I also started to get them on my behind, and now a few years later, my arms as well. Mine do not pop, there is no head. I have been to two different doctors that diagnosed me with the same thing.. Staph Infection. They told me I will never get rid of it, it's a virus in my body that will be with me forever. They gave me an antibiotic soap to use when the spots pop up, and I have a very strong antibiotic I have to take orally when I feel I need it. In my case, I have it bad. My immune system is weak, so therefore the Staph has just taken over my body. It's very hard. I have had this for a few years now, and we are at the point now that I pretty much always have those spots on my thighs. I can't live on the antibiotic, so I use the soap everyday. I do not know if this is what any of you have, but it's worth bringing up to your doctor to see. If you have those spots, please ask your doctor if that is what it is and get treatment now. You do not want to have to live with this for the rest of your life. My wounds will not heal anymore, I catch every bug and virus that goes around. It has just completely attacked my immune system. I'm sure there is more that needs to be done in my case, but we do not have very good doctors in my area. I hope this helps someone!