Dark Blotch/Scar. HELP!?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark Blotch/Scar. HELP!?

I have a dark spot on the corner of mouth, after the healing of what i thought was a severe case of coldsore. But after reading about Angular Cheilitis i feel it could have been that because there was a cut-like wound on the corner of my mouth that took aaaages to heal. Anyway i just wanted to know if i'm stuck with this scar or if it will go away.

http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/jennaaabee/media/Photoon27-05-13at952PM_zpsf9067211.jpg.html
Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.