Dermatology Expert Forum
Dark Brown Spots on Hand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dark Brown Spots on Hand

I have noticed two dark brown areas on my right hand. They appeared about two weeks ago, after I was in the sun for the first time this season. One area seems to have a bite mark in the center of it. One spot is on the top of my second finger at the base. The other is also on the top of my hand in between the thumb and the index finger. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thank you,

Stephanie
Stephanie:

Not sure, but when spots appear quickly and not symmetrically, they're usually not sun damage or skin cancer (those are slow and symmetrical) but something external, like insect bites.  Unless they appear in large numbers or spread, I'd wait them out.

Best.

Dr. R
A related discussion, Brown marks with many small blisters? was started.
A related discussion, 3 big brown spots on left hand was started.
A related discussion, brown spots was started.