Dark Loose Skin in groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark Loose Skin in groin area

I noticed today that an area of dark loose skin has formed on both my inner thighs/groin area. It is a line vertically centered on both inner thighs if I am standing.  It is only about 2 inches in length on both sides but does make contact my testicles.  This discolored area feels more loose than the rest normal colored skin and I have never seen this before.  I would estimate that it appeared within the last 2 days.  It is not dry or itchy.  It definitely feels easier to press into and is softer than surrounding areas.  It kind of looks like a bruise, but it doesn't hurt.  What could this be???  I am a 23 yr old athletic male at 5'6 and weigh 145lbs-- not overweight or have much fat.  I was thinking it might be stretch marks, but it doesn't seem to fit my physical profile.  Please help!  I am paranoid that it could be bad.  Thanks.