Dermatology Expert Forum
Dark Ring at base of neck
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dark Ring at base of neck

My 20 year old daughter has a dark ring at the base of her neck. Many times it is tender and she has had it there as long as I can remember. I saw it the other day and it appears to have grown larger. Her uncle on her father's side has some sort of skin demarcation/fungus on his neck and also has been diagnosed with RA. My sister has RA and now my daugher is having heated "flair ups" in her joints. She has tested "false positive" in one RA testing. Anyway, when she was 9, she showed signs of early maturation was tested for endocrinological malfunctions. It was negative. She is overweight. I read snipets about hormonal imbalances or enzymes out of whack or something of that ilk could cause this manifestation on her neck. It would sure help to find out some information that is more conclusive. My feeling is that these dark rings could be symptomatic of some other disorder that could be treated. Thank you for your reply.