Dark Spot Above Lip
In the last year, above my upper lip, the pigmentation has become darker giving the appearance of it being dirty. I have scrubbed and scrubbed it, have waxed my upper lip and can't get it to go away.

Does anyone have any idea what this is or how I can get rid of it?
You need sunblock creme containing microfined zinc oxide.A photodermatitis is likely.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it can be due to hyperpigmentation of the skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Pls discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.

Thanks for the ideas. I've been avoiding going to see the dermatologist because my insurance requires a referral from my primary care physician ($20 copay). I'm afraid that once I do see the dermatologist ($30 copay) they will not be able to solve the problem...guess I just need to suck it up and go see them.

Thanks again!!