Dark Spots on Dark Skin
I am 17 years old and I have these dark spots all over my thighs, I went to the Dermatologist and he said it was fungus, now the fungus is gone, but of course it left scars, I am African American and my skin tone is about chocolate to medium chocolate, so please if any one knows any creams or anything that will get rid of the scars or blend them in so my thighs look all one color, swim season is here and I don't want to be embarrassed by these scars, so please if there are any at home remedies or creams i can use that will make them disappear before july 17th.
For these dark spots, treatment includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.