Dermatology Expert Forum
Dark Spots on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dark Spots on Penis
HI Doc. I'm kinda worried dunno what they are. actually 2 spots has appeared on my penis. One of them on the head the other on the shaft right below the head.

One of them has been there for a few months now while the other seemed to have appeared recently overnight.

I don't know what they are. COuld this be warts, form of std, of just simple mole.

Pictures below thank you doctor

spot for a few months now (located on the head) very light i color.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/respiteagain/spot02.jpg

spot appeared a few days ago seemed to appear overnight. (located at the shaft just below the head)
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/respiteagain/spot01.jpg
I can't tell very much from the picture.  These sound like freckles, not STD's.  The only way for you to know for sure is for you to see a doctor in person.  Most likely, you'll be advised to ignore them.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Ok thanks doc. The pics are kinda blurry because even with macro shots there just a few mm long.
Are freckles on the underside of penis and scrotum unusual and a disease? About two months ago I noticed about 10-15 spots that appear to be brown and flat, larger than facial freckles on my penis and scrotum. I am a 36 year old african american who has always had freckles on my face but never in my genital area. what do you think????