Dark Stretch marks
I have very Dark stretch marks that are hard to get rid of .I went to a dematologist who prescribed Mederma and Brunel vitamin E cream and they did nothing for my stretch marks. I've never had stretch marks until last year when i gained weight by taking depression medication. The stretch marks are on the front and back of my legs, my hips, bottucks and waist .they are really disgusting and embarrasing and whenever i look at the i feel extremely depressed.I lose weight but they seem to be getting worse still. Please,please try to help.What can i do or use to get rid of them?
Stretch marks can appear when there is rapid stretching of the skin.It is common in rapid gaining or losing of weight,pregnancy,puberty,cushings syndrome and overuse of steroids.
Creams containing alpha hydroxyl acids and retin-A are said to be useful in decreasing the stretch marks but the advertised antimarks creams have no proof of effectiveness. Eat healthy ,nutritious food ,drink plenty of fluids and do moderate exercises. Laser therapy and dermabrasion, alone or in combination have also been shown to be effective in diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. For that you need to consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.