Dark bumpy underarm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark bumpy underarm

My under arms have been dark and bumpy for many many years, I would like to find a source to this so that maybe I can use some home remedies.

Underarms become dark because of the effect of sweating and increased activity of sweat and sebaceous glands in the area due to numerous hair follicles presence.It can also be due to hyperpigmentation of the skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin. Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Pls discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.