Dark dry patch of skin with large bumps on my 1 year old's ankle...
My Daughter developed a patch of dark dry skin around her ankle just after birth.  The spot has never gone away and our doctor's told us we shouldn't be too concerned over it.  However, today that same patch developed what looks like large blisters on it and we are very alarmed.  She is 14 Months old now.  Please help, we are going to set an appointment with a dermatologist but wanted to find out whatever we could now.  Thank you...
For such symptoms the possibility of granuloma annulare needs to be ruled out. It presents as a rash with reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring. It presents as small, firm bumps (papules) over the backs of the forearms, hands, or feet. Treatment is necessary for cosmetic purposes and consists of steroids and intralesional steroid injections.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.