Dermatology Community
Dark forehead
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dark forehead

Hi,

My entire forehead is 3 shades darker than the rest of my face. You can clearly see the line seperating the two colours. I have tried exfoliating, glycolic peeling but the result is still the same.

As I watching some of my pictures during my youthful years, I have noticed that the problem was still there and it is not a new development.

What could it be and is possible to even the skin colour?

Thanks
Tags: forehead, dark
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough, but it can be due to hyperpigmentation of the skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Blank
my whole face is much black while comparing to my body.... i have almost tried everything and fed of it....when am under treatment it looks normal but as soon as i stop it gets darken .... pls help me from it am much worried abou
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...