Dark forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark forehead

My entire forehead is 3 shades darker than the rest of my face. You can clearly see the line seperating the two colours. I have tried exfoliating, glycolic peeling but the result is still the same.

As I watching some of my pictures during my youthful years, I have noticed that the problem was still there and it is not a new development.

What could it be and is possible to even the skin colour?

Tags: forehead, dark

Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough, but it can be due to hyperpigmentation of the skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers