Dark line below lip
Hi, I have developed a dark line under my bottom lip (above chin). When I clean my face or maybe use a mask, it goes away slightly, but always comes back. I don't know if it is a proliferation of dirt or dead skin cells or what. I would prefer not to use a lightening cream (for some reason they scare me!). Do you have any idea of what this is and how to get rid of it? My twin sister has it too!

Thanks,

tmn06
From the symptoms it can be hyperpigmentation skin, fixed drug eruption due to some drug used recently or Addison’s disease (endocrine disorder wherein the adrenal glands produce insufficient steroid hormones). My sincere advice is to consult a dermatologist and get the first two possibilities ruled out. If none of them are present then please get your ACTH levels estimated to rule out Addison’s disease.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.