Dark lines on fingernails
I want to know why i have dark lines on 4 of my fingers, my right thumb, right forefinger and right middle finger, also my left forefinger. When i was pregnant with my 1st son i noticed the one on my right middle finger and now I'm pregnant ansd due in Feb I noticed the others.What could this be and what is the cause?What can i do to get rid of them?
These dark lines can be due to can be due to longitudinal melanonychia(presence of a pigmented stripe, usually brown or black, along the length of the nail bed in darker-skinned individuals,splinter hemorrhages or Beau’s lines(they are horizontal lines of darkened cells and depression).Without examination, it is difficult confirming a diagnosis and so I would suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.