Dark lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark lips

Im a 17 year old asian male with dark lips. I was born with lighter lips but i have neglected them when i was younger. I have always peeled and ate the skin of my lips (I know disgusting lol) when i was younger and they were chapped. Everytime i went to the dentists, when i'd have my teeth pulled and they used anesthesia i'd take very hot water and test on my lips to see how i can not feel the pain. I never really cared about my lips from about 5 years old to 13. Is there any way to make them lighter? My lip tone is uneven. Is this scarring of lips? I want help please.
This can be due to scarring or hyperpigmentation due to trauma to the lip. You can go in for laser treatment or microdermabrasion. Avoid picking, harsh scrubbing, and abrasive treatments unless prescribed by a dermatologist during this period.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Alright, thank you very much for your answer. I will keep you posted when I do get them checked.