Dark patch on arm ruining my confidence.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hey there,
This is my first post and I wanted to to tell you about a dark patch on my arm. I have had it for over 1 year, maybe 2 and it has really ruined my confidence. I don't like to wear shirts or singlets because of it. One day I was really angry so I tried to scratch it off. I stripped away most of the skin until the pain prevented me from going on. It scabbed over and although I picked off the scab a few times, when It healed it looked very similar, if not the same. I did some research and I thought that it may be tinea versicolor because I have white blotches on my upper arm and groin aswell. I was prescribed lamisil to try out, and the first tube did nothing. I insisted on getting another tube because I was desperate and it seemed to slightly but barely fade it. Now I have no idea what to do and I really want to get rid of it. I was recommended this site as I heard it is really good and I hope you can help me out. The mark is patchy, dark with small normal coloured spots inside it. It isn't raised and it is roughly 1.5 inches by 0.5 inches wide. I am of Indian background with an olive skin tone and the mark is very noticeable. I also have white blotches on my shoulder of the same arm and a white patch 2 inches by 2 inches on my groin if that helps or if you can help me with that!
Thank you so much :)