Dermatology Expert Forum
Dark patches on top of feet/toes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dark patches on top of feet/toes
In the past few months I have noticed that on the top of my toes and top of the feet have developed darken patches of skin. I do not have a fungal infection under my feet, but I do have two toenails that are thick and yellowed. The darkened patches have no unusual texture nor do the cause any pain or itch and have no odor. I have no unusual foot pain. I have not bought any new foot wear. I wear white socks, and wash my feet well daily.

The only  new persciption medications I have gotten in the past 6 months are allery medications.

In all other aspects, I am a 46 year old male, in generally good health.

Hard to say, though fungus doesn't seem likely.  Eczema would itch.  Perhaps this is just increased pigment from rubbing and irritation.  I would just show it to a doctor next time you go.  There may not be much you can do about it, but at least you'll know.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff