Dark pigmentation and pimples on my butt

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I need help.  Starting my teenage years I started having dark pigmentation on the lower part of my butt and pimples on it and around it.  The pimples spreaded to the upper part of my thigh(back only).  Sometimes flakes of skin come off when I scratched the dark part of my skin.  What is wrong with me?
Avatar dr f tn

There are some areas of the body which may appear darker than the other areas. Factors like genetics and constant trauma or  pressure to the area like sitting down for long periods may help explain the pigmentation.

In your case however, an underlying fungal infection or dermatitis may be present. This may explain the flaking of the skin and the pimple like lesions ( allow me to call them lesions ).

A folliculitis which is a bacterial infection involving the hair follicles may be  considered. Other differentials will be a fungal infection and a dermatitis.

Are there similar skin conditions in other parts for the body?

Is the involved area itchy?

Nope, it only affects the butt area.  And it's sometimes itchy.
I am brown in complexion but I recently noticed that the inner part (crack) and just around the exterior of my butt is turning dark, darker than my complexion.  Can you tell me what is causing this? I hope it is not a  fungal infection. It does not itch but the color is so dark that I  am afraid to wear a bikini. Are there any creams or antibacterial soaps I can use to reduce the pigmentation?
Just detox your body and EXFOLIATE OFTEN. Drink a lot of water and just eat for your body. Foods that help the skin like almonds and green foods. Add more color to your diet. You can also put lemon on your skin during the day when your home or overnight to naturally lighten it. Just make sure not to go out in the sun with it. Lemon juice tends to make the skin sensitive to the sun for a little while . Exercise also helps with increasing circulation in the body. Just make sure to take a shower at least 15 minutes after exercise to remove the dirt. Dirt and sweat is actually what is causing the dark pigmentation or pimples. So exfoliate often, also shower or bathe in a body wash with salicylic acid. Neutrogena body clear body wash is great, especially the scrub.

Hope these tips helped! :)