Dark pigmentation on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark pigmentation on penis

Hello
I am 17 years old and I am freaking out about this little 5mm dark, greyish, flat, circular spot on the glands of my penis though it doesn't hurt or itch.
It has been there for about 8 months now and I'm like going insane because it just doesn't go away and I'm avoiding having to tell my parents and going to a doctor...I'm just praying it goes away on its own but it doesn't =/
I have a similar spot on my leg which is about 4 times bigger but I think it has been there since I was born I'm not sure...=/   And when I erect it goes away for the most part most times, but then it comes right back.
I'm worried it could be like melanoma or some cancer or something =[[
Am I going to die?? I don't masterbate too much, maybe twice a week or so; can some one keep me from getting depressed any time soon? Thanks
This is a picture of the spot on my leg that is similar to the one on my penis; http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=71lnd5&s=3

but when I looked at my leg and penis side by side the sop on the leg is not only much bigger but a darker gray as well.
In most cases, the first sign of penile cancer are changes in color, skin thickening, or a build-up of tissue. Later signs are a painless ulcer or growth on the penis, especially on the glans (glands) (the head of the penis) or foreskin but also sometimes developing on the shaft. Most penile cancers do not cause pain, but some can cause ulcers (sores) and bleeding.
Sometimes the cancers appear as a reddish, velvety rash, small crusty bumps, or flat growths that are bluish-brown. They may not be visible unless the foreskin is pulled back. A persistent discharge, usually with a foul odor, may be present beneath the foreskin.
A biopsy is needed to make an accurate diagnosis. In this procedure, a small piece of the skin tissue is cut out and sent to a laboratory. There, a pathologist (a doctor specializing in laboratory diagnosis of diseases) looks at the tissue under a microscope to see whether cancer cells are present.
The sooner you receive a correct diagnosis, the sooner you can start treatment and the more effective your treatment will be.
ref:http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_4_3X_How_is_penile_cancer_diagnosed_35.asp
The patch on your thigh maybe a birth mark and have no crelation to the lesion on the penis.
You need to get to a doctor immediately.Even if it does turn out to be nothing serious,you need to get it evaluated further.

thank you for scaring the living hell out of me, I actually grew guts to tell my parents and now I have an appointment with a dermatologist.
you may have saved my life
thanks
hey..i also have the same problem as you. Havent been to any doctor..havnt talked to anybody abt it at all..i also have dark spot on my glans (glands)..which appeard a couple of years ago..it doesnt affect my sexual life at all..doesnt hurt..doesnt itch..it just doesnt look so good...m worried if its some kind of cancer too...wht happened to u?..wht did ur dermatologist say?..is it still there? or has it been cured?..please ..i hope u understand my problem as well..email me at ***@****
apparently, the email doesnt appear in the comment:D..so u can also just message me in my profile here!..i rlly hope to hear from u soon