Dark reddish-brown spot on top of foot:
I have a round, flat, quarter sized, non-raised dark spot on the top of my left foot. There is no pain or itchiness. It appears to be a little dryer than the surrounding tissue. It's been getting steadily darker within the last 12 months or so but I cannot recall exactly when I first became aware of it.

Here is a link to four hi resolution images of the spot.

http://www.dpkmusic.com/albums/skin/

Thank you for any insight on this issue. I will be making an appointment today to see a dermatologist.

Daniel-
Anyone?

Since the lesion has been present for 12 months, so definitely it needs to be evaluated. It can be due to stucco keratosis(benign cutaneous condition characterized by a skin lesion with a dull or lackluster surface), contact dermatitis to shoes, stasis dermatitis or simple hyperpigmentation.

I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get these possibilities evaluated. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much. Did you see the pictures too?