Dark rough skin on right toes
I have a recurrent problem for years. The skin on my right toes are dark, with small bumps like pimples. Often its itchy and the skins peel off. Its dry and rough and gets worse when sweaty.
Its been an embarrassment for years...i cant wear sandals and go barefoot in front of other people. I'd be grateful if anyone can suggest a remedy.

I have added a photo of it.
From the symptoms the possibility of eczema needs to be ruled out. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).
I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. Once the diagnosis is confirmed, treatment can be planned accordingly. Treatment includes avoidance of the allergen, oral antihistaminics; topical application of corticosteroids. You may try application of calamine on the affected site. It may work by soothing the skin.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.