Dark skin around my neck
How do I go about getting information on any treatments for Acanthosis nigricans i am a type 2 diabectic and I am losing weight but I would like to know of any topical treatments that I can use.

Please help

Acanthosis nigricans is a skin disorder characterised by darkening and thickening of the skin, occurring mainly in the folds of the skin in the armpit, groin and back of the neck. It is not a skin disease but a cutaneous sign of an underlying condition or disease.

The primary aim of treatment is to correct the underlying disease process. Often correcting the underlying cause results in resolution of the lesions. In your case, being  a diabetic, correctong hyperinsulinaemia through diet and medication may help. It is also important to lose weight. There is no specific treatment for AN. Treatments considered are used primarily to improve cosmetic appearance and include topical retinoids, dermabrasion and laser therapy. Discuss these options with your doctor. Take care and do keep us posted.

my husbend is 32 years old he is over weight and dosent exercise i noticed dark skin around his neck thinking it was dirty we scrubed it with no result i was told that it could be early signs of diabeties? Is there something else i should look for or should he see his Dr. for testing?