Dark skin on neck
My sister is 11 years old.She has a dark neck and itches all over her body when she applies turmeric paste.She is fat.What is the reason and how to cure?
The dark skin around the neck can be due to acanthosis nigricans. Acanthosis nigricans is a skin disorder characterised by darkening and thickening of the skin, occurring mainly in the folds of the skin in the armpit, groin and back of the neck. These dark rings can appear without having any underlying disease ,but it can also be related to other conditions like diabetes, being overweight or obese and other hormonal disorders  like ovarian cysts.

This condition does not need treatment , however if there is an underlying disease , this condition should be properly treated to control the apparition of these dark rings like topical retinoids, dermabrasion and laser therapy.

Please discuss these treatment options with a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.