Dark skin patches on chest and neck
I have a dark skin tone. Around April 2010 I began to notice darker skin patches all on my chest. It doesn't itch. At first I thought it may have just been from sweating but a light soapy scrub didn't work. Then a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant and thought that may have been the case. Around August or Sept. My neck started to get the same patches. I still have the dark patches on my neck and chest. It doesn't feel rough. It actually feels like my regular skin but slightly dry. I keep cocoa butter or shea butter on but nothing has worked. What might this be?
From your symptoms it can be hyperpigmentation skin, tinea versicolor or pityriasis rosea. Since these have been present for quite some time, I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get an examination and a biopsy skin done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.