Dark spots under arms
I have started to develop brownish spots under my arms. They are starting to spread and I would like to know what could be causing them. They don't itch, flake or anything they just look like spots of tanned skin. I can scrub and they don't come off. Could this be a sign of something worse?
These spots can be due to tinea versicolor. Pityriasis versicolor (Tinea veriscolor) is a fungal infection caused by commensal yeasts in hot and humid conditions. They may be reddish brown, slightly scaly patches or ugly, depigmented areas that will not tan, especially in suntanned skin.

Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.