Dark upper lip, hair removal problem

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark upper lip, hair removal problem

I have been tweezing the hair on my upper lip for many years - it is dark and coarse.  The skin has become tough and dry and darker than the rest of the skin on my face.  The hair has also become harder to tweeze.  Any suggestions?
The changes in the skin and texture of hair are due to regular tweezing done at frequent intervals. You can go in for waxing or laser hair removal of the upper lip hair which will address to the problem of hyperpigmentation also. Otherwise chemical peeling or microdermabrasion from a certified dermatologist/ cosmetologist will help.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.