Dermatitis on breasts?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dermatitis on breasts?

I have dermatitis and my breasts can get tender sometimes (especially before and after period), and it looks sort of like a dermatitis infection. I have this cream that helps a lot, so I don't think it is anything serious. Is it possible to get dermatitis on breasts?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Yes, it is possible to get dermatitis over the breast.

How would you describe this rash over the breast?

The breast is usually covered and in most instances, the chest is a damp area. Fungal infections and dermatitic skin conditions may be prefer these areas. Dermatitic skin conditions are usually weeping and itchy. The itch scratch cycle may lead to excoriations eventually resulting to eczema.

This cream that you are using may be a corticosteroid cream .There is no single definite medical therapy for dermatitis. Corticosteroids have been used as a mainstay therapy for controlling flare ups of eczema or dermatitis.

Do you do a regular self breast examination?

Yes, I do feel around my breasts from time to time, and I haven't felt a lump. I'm 15 years old, and I have thought of breast cancer, but I think that is very minimal because I have a very good diet and it doesn't run in my family. Both breasts have a yellowish discharge sometimes, so that is why I am worried.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Where is this discharge coming from?

How would you describe the discharge?

This sounds like an infection here. I suggest that you need to have this assessed by your internist. At this point, if the discharge is coming from the nipples , you may need to have a breast ultrasound done here.

Inform your parents or guardian about this. You may need oral antibiotics if the discharge is yellowish or greenish in color. A clear discharge may be due to inflammation.
Sometimes, the discharge would come from little open wounds like I would see on my other dermatitis wounds.

I have been taking care of that, changing bras and being very gentle. I looked at it just now and it looks like it is from the nipples. It happens on both, but they switch from time to time.

I would describe the discharge as *****.

Could this be very serious?
I probably spelled pus-y wrong...