Dermatologist or allergist?
Started years ago a week before my period I would start in itching and burning around my vagina all over labia. I treated with yeast infection meds. (For years) no other symptoms. Went to doctor, he gave me steroid cream tested me for yeast and bacteria-nothing. I was to use steroid cream for a week & as needed. I used constantly with no relief. Went to another OB doctor she said I was broke out on my legs too and to continue the cream. I got worse. Ended up at urologist first and he found blood in my urine. They scoped me, they did a CT scan all of which were ok. (I was bleeding from steroid atrophy) Meanwhile I went to dermatologist she said I was getting steroid atrophy. She could see through my skin. We spent the next weeks healing that. My original itching & burning came back when I cleared steroid problem up. I went in, she said I was red. Did patch testing. Note* I am using non scented soaps, fabric softener and detergents and all cotton white underwear. * 
The patch testing revealed I reacted to 5 things. One severe-Caine. I was to look in my products to see if it contained this. So far I can't find that it does. If so, what does, unless applied to my vagina (sorry its true) does products have to do with this?! I was given another shot. OB, dermatologist, urologist can't seem to help me. I do not know what to do. Allergist? Do the biopsy the dermatologist wants to do? I'm so tired of this...any suggestions would be great.
Try the alternative route. Go to a kinesiologist. You have nothing to lose. One of these specialists got rid of all my food allergies in jig time. That is not to say you have an allergy, but different disciplines might reveal your problem.