Dermatologist ruined my skin - it looks bleached
In 2005, I had a mosquito bite that turned into a dark brown bump. In 2011 and 2012, it started changing in color.

So I went to a dermatologist in Philadelphia 3 times. They injected something into it and gave me a cream. I followed the direction but the bump went away and left a red dot. around the red dot is a pinkish oval of skin. Around that oval is an irregular shaped where my skin has dramatically lightened. I have brown skin and I put my leg next to a caucasian person's ... that light skin matched theirs! Even worse, the light skin spread. So it just looks weird. Also, I can no longer grow hair where that patch of discolored red, pink, & light skin is. Is that bad if I can't grow hair there? Before they injected me and gave me the cream, hair grew there. They didn't say that would happen.

I cannot go back as often as I want because I am in Rochester for school. But I went twice after my skin started getting lighter. What should I do?

Here is a photo I took in July , less than 2 months after they gave me the cream that messed my skin up.
The brown part near the center is now red. At one point it was purple.
From the photos it looks like vitiligo rather than post inflammatory hypopigmentation or drug induced hypopigmentation. It is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed. As a result, white patches appear on the skin in different parts of the body. Diagnosis can be confirmed by external examination, blood tests to check skin cell count  for melanocytes and biopsy of the skin patches.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.