Dermatology Expert Forum
Dialated Blood Vessel

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dialated Blood Vessel

My 8y/o son was pinched on the tip of his nose when he was 5 y/o and it caused a dialated blood vessel.  I took him to OHSU and had laser treatment done.  Only one of those times did it seem to take effect but only slightly.  My son is extremely selfconsciouse about it and kids tease him all the time.  With all the medical miracles that are out there today there has to be something to help him.  There has to be a way to shrink this thing or at least somehow cover it up.  My son is asking for laser treatment again.  Is there anything you can suggest?  I will go anywhere and pay any price to make this go away for him.

Thank-you very much
Karen:

Lasers are the best and safest way to treat this type of red spot.  Sometimes it may take a few treatments to achieve success.  Also, there are new lasers to treat this condition.  For both possibilities, you ought to look into treating it again --  it's simple and safe enough to make it worthwhile to eliminate your chil'd perfectly understandable self-consciousness.

best.

Dr. R
This seems to be the only way to ask a question because every time I try to post, it says the forum has reached its limit.  my question is this....I have been to the University Health Services doctor twice in the last three weeks.  I have small skin colored bumps, that look like pimples, but they don't have whiteheads, on the shaft of my penis.  There are many of them around the base of the shaft and some on the scrotum.  They kind of look like hair follicles with no hair growing out of them, but why would they just all of the sudden appear now, at 21 years old.  And why would they be on the middle of the shaft if they were hair follicles.  Any way, they are growing in number.  They are not painful, however my scrotum and penis have been itching lately, and these little guys have been around for about a month.  Both times the doctor examined them he assured me that they were not genital warts or herpes, and he said that they were not cysts.  I have tried to "pop" some of them and only been succesful with one of them, which had a white pimple like substance come out of it.  Is it possible that the doctor is just not experienced enough, even working on a large college campus, to recognize very small genital warts.  I think thats the problem.  He has looked twice and said that it isn't though.  I have an appointment with a dermatolagist soon.  If they are warts, would a dermatolagist be able to identify them, even if they are small?  What do you think they could be?
PLLEASE HAVE THE STAFF REPLY - I'M REALLY FREAKED OUT!!!

Thanks  -  Tom
Your doctor was right: they are nothing. I had those and I recall a whole bunch of guys from college complaining about the same thing. As I grew older some of them sprouted hair and otheres just became less noticeable.