Did Isotretinoin cause this? What is it?
I was on Isotretinoin for a while, it seemed to be doing it's job. Then I start noticing white heads on my forehead. I never had many whiteheads before and my forehead has always been clear.  Well, I obviously have to get them out or they will drive me absolutely nuts! Some of these things are pretty long, and they just show up on my forehead. They just keep popping up pretty much in the same areas, so it never gets to full heal.. I don't have bangs there to cause any irritation, so IDK. Have any ideas as to what this might be so I can treat it? Thanks!!!
Hi there,
Any infection and irritation can cause white heads. Tretinoin works by increasing cell turnover and reducing the stickiness of the sloughed cells. It helps expel the plugged material returning the pore to normal and is very useful in whiteheads and blackheads. It may take 6-8 weeks to produce effective results. Flaking and skin irritation are few of its side effects. Use mild cleansers on the face. If the symptoms are not resolving schedule an appointment with your dermatologist. Do keep me posted.
Take care and regards!
Thanks! I was actually on this medication for 23 weeks. I'm beginning to think it is related to the hair follicle, because of the way they appear. Any suggestions on lotion or ointments?