Did you know of nervous dermatitis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Did you know of nervous dermatitis?

Have you been told it is eczema you have?
Many Doctors flock to that. When indeed many times it is not that.
ever heard of nervous dermatitis? I am guessing not. Because this is a secret to society.
Oh yeah, another secret to sell creams and drugs. And treat symptoms without treating the cause. Or avoiding the cause.
Nervous dermatitis is a condition where your nerves are what causes the skin disorder. One where your body attacks itself like arthritis and others.
It can be anywhere on the body, and spread throughout also.
Now that you know the key words to search for you can find it. But know now there is very little out there on this disorder. With no plans to investigate it further if the gov. can help it anyways.
I have this disorder. And was told I had eczema by most dr's I saw for 40 yrs!
None of them knew of this disorder. None!
Sad but true.
I found myself, that being cold and shivering or close to it, simulates nervousness! And thus comes the disorder full force again.
If you find this sounds like you and you want to find out if it is what you have, then you would have to do just as you are doing now only stay away from stress, and situations which get your nerves tense or nervous. This may be your job. But don't quit that. It worsens in the winter for me because it is drier and cold simulates nervousness with the nervous system. And because insulated boots have polyester in them which I am allergic to. This makes me feel nervous and uptight. And that stimulates nervous dermatitis! My skin was so gross that people didn't want to get to close to me or touch me for fear of getting what I had. I felt like a freak of nature. My hands looked 100 at the age of 10.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers