Dermatology Community
Different color on my penis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Different color on my penis

7134694?1312872633
Hello.. I really am embarssed about this problem that I've been having for more than 5 years. 5 years ago I noticed a pigmentation change on my penis. I didn't think twice about this since I never was sexually active so I knew it wasn't an std. But since then it's been growing in size. I'm worried about this now since I just got a girlfriend and we are trying to be sexually active. Is there any idea on what is happening to me? I included a picture. Thank you for taking time to help me...
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It looks like simple hyperpigmentation penis which is not associated with any disease. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Until and unless there is any itching or discharge associated with it, there is nothing to worry. Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank