Differin and Salicylic 30% Peel

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Differin and Salicylic 30% Peel

I have a client with Grade 3 acne.  I have performed two seperate treatments of  30% Salicylic peels before she started using Differin .1%.    I am hesitant about continuing salicylic treatments while she is on Differin cream. Is it safe to perform Salicylic Peels on a client that uses Differin .1%?
Concomitant use of adapalene (Differin) with keratolytic or astringent topicals like salicylic acid may result in excessive irritation. It is advisable to have a 'rest period' in between use of these products.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.