Discoloration on forearms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Discoloration on forearms

After a couple of weeks of tanning, (in a stand up tanning bed), a co-worker noticed a strange discoloration on the under side of my forearms. It looked to be like some fair skinned peoples' skin looks when it's cold. Sort of like a map. I wrote it off that I was a bit cold from the air conditioning and it looked the way it did because of my dark complexion. I went to the dermatologist on Friday.... he doesn't know what it is either. He mentioned a bad reation to the lotion, or maybe a fungus. He ordered blood work to make sure there is no underlying medical condition and prescribed a shampoo, just incase, in the meantime. I don't think it's a fungus, I've had that and it doesn't at all look the same. Results of blood work wont be in for 2 weeks. Has any experienced anything like I describe?