Do (acne) Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation heal/fade regardless?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've gotten a pimple about a month (or two) ago and I had to pop it because the pimple wouldn't disappear after giving it a week or so. The area that I've had pimple on was on my mole removed scar. An oval shaped scar, something that of box-scar if I'm correct. I've never had a pimple on the scar before until very recently and I got my mole removed when I was a child so this will be the first time having a pimple on the scar. I popped the pimple tried to squeeze all the pus and I think I did but after a day or two later I've noticed I got this brown (or maybe little bit more darker) mark on my face. At first, I thought it was blood that got clogged under the skin because I popped the pimple. Then I've got a needle and poked just enough to squeeze the blood out. Of course the blood would come out then but it didn't get rid of the mark on my face. Then I did a research and found out that the mark(s) is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (or is it?). I've been using Scar Zone Acne Treatment with Green Tea for about 3 days now and don't see any differences yet.

So my question is, will this brown mark that I have on my face heal completely and return to my normal skin color even though I kind of tamper with it on accident?

By the way, before I had a pimple on my scar, the color of the skin of my scar was a bit more lighter than my normal skin color around it. If this helps, I'm Asian.
hi i have an acne issue and i have not heard anything like that before.i reconamend to go and see your doctor about that ok.!
I was hoping a dermatologist would answer my question instead of getting a reply like that lol. but will do though.
Without treatment, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I will, thank you doctor.
Hey doc, I went to my doctor's office and she told me that the darkening scar that I see on my face, the scarred spot, is actually a scar. She told me that the discoloring is likely to be permanent. I refuse to believe this because I don't think she understands how this happened prior to the scar that I have. This post-inflammatory pigmentation occured when I popped the pimple. My research tells me that PIH it heals within 6 months or more. Doctor, if I were to take a photo or two of my issue, could you take a look?
On the scarred spot*
Darkening spot/mark
Did your dark spot eventually fade back to normal color?