Do i have Rosacea

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Do i have Rosacea

I am a 14 year old white girl. When i hit puberty,i started developing red cheeks. I don't have any spots on the area,just redness. It isn't a nice rosey redness though,it's kind of blotchy. It starts from the top of my nose (inner corners of the eye) and comes down,and stops at my jawbone. Also,at the bottom of my cheeks i have these blue veins. I don't know if i have any food allergies,as i haven't had a patch test before. My mum just tells me it shows up more because i am pale,but i know lots of people my age with flawless pale skin-with no blotchy red cheeks. Please help me,it makes me really self conscious. I can't visit a dermatologist though,as my mum is saying i'm just being stupid and it's a waste of time. Thanks.
The symptoms that you are having can be due to rosacea. Rosacea is a cutaneous disorder primarily of the central part of the face , such as forehead; cheeks ;nose; and chin.
Treatment options vary from antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens to laser treatment. A dermatologist’s evaluation will be the best.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.