Do i have fungus?
hi friends,

when ever i sctratch my head , some white wetty substance get stucked into my nails.... what is this ? is this fungus ? or dandruff? i shampoo four times a week with garnier antidandruff, ......pls help me...

It can be due to dandruff which can be due to internal or external causes.

Dandruff can cause either an overly dry scalp with itchy white flakes that may be waxy or greasy, or it can manifest as an oily scalp with scales.
Internal causes include hormonal imbalance, poor health, poor hygiene, allergic hypersensitivity, lack of rest, emotional stress, excessive consumption of sugar, fat or starch and heredity predisposition.
External causes include excessive use of hair sprays and gels, improper use of hair-coloring products, cold weather and dry indoor heating, infrequent shampooing of the hair or inadequate rinsing of the scalp and hair.

Dandruff is associated with a tiny fungus called Pityrosporum ovale, or P. ovale for short. This fungus lives on our bodies and scalp all the time, usually without causing a problem. Unfortunately, for some people, it can get out of control -- leading to dandruff.
Sometimes it can be due to fungal infection/ring worms they start out in spots of thick patches of flakes throughout the scalp then they end up uprooting the hair in the hair breaking it off until there is a bald spot.

Eat a healthy diet. You can also take vit B6 and vit A and E which are good for hair and skin. Try medicated shampoos for dandruff. There are a number of over-the-counter shampoos available that can help. The most effective ingredients -- antimicrobials -- to look for are zinc pyridinethione, selenium sulfide, sulfur and ketoconazole (also available by prescription). If your hair is colored, don't use products with selenium sulfide or sulfur.

If the symptoms persist please consult a trichologist for the confirmatory diagnosis and treatment.

Take care and regards.

The white wetty substance on you scalp is most likely excess scalp buildup from a fungus or yeast infection. A great natural shampoo to use is Tea Tree shampoo. Tea Tree is a natural anti fungal and antibacterial herb. This shampoo is sold online and also in health stores. There is no harm in trying this, you will probably notice you scalp returning to a normal balance.
hello every body since 2 years old i 'm suffering from my scalp i thing i had ringworn at age two after few months washing in soap and shampoos it gone at age 18 again back with alot of fungus i'm 34 yeras old i did try all type of shampoo s and even i had biopsy done but still nee help itchy and greasy and hair loss living with me last 16 years help me please
josef