Dermatology Community
Does Sulfur Soap cures/treats scabies?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does Sulfur Soap cures/treats scabies?

Just wondering about this do they help or do they cause worst whenever you apply them if you have scabies?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Sulfa soaps are not the exact treatment of scabies. The usual treatment of scabies is topical permethrin. It is the most effective scabicidal medication. Usually applied overnight and repeated weekly once for 2-3 weeks. To be effective, the medication has to act on the superficial layers where the mite and its larvae reside. Permethrin and oral ivermectin are the best treatment options of scabies.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
ok i will
Blank
Mam how much does permithrin and ivermiectin cause?...
Blank
I have a question. How exactly does a person get's a norwagian scabies. ? Does persons with scabies will have this in the future?...i'm scared pls reply mam..
thx in advance
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Norwegian scabies is a severe form of scabies and is also called as crusted scabies. It is mostly found in individuals with compromised immune system and thus allowing for the infestation of an individual with hundreds of thousands of the mites. Lesions are found all over the body and may spread all over the body. The elbows, knees, palms, scalp, and soles of the feet are most commonly the original sites of involvement, and the scaly areas eventually take on a wart-like appearance.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank