Does herpes develop at penis base
Hello

Most if not all of the pictures i have seen of genital herpes show lesions on the shaft or penis head.
About 1 week after having had unprotected sex with an STD free lady (her latest blood test was 2 months ago, although it did not include herpes test), I started feeling sore on the base of my penis, the soreness developped into 3 small red bumps at the base of hair follicles then started discharging a bit of pus. The bumps are now healing but i still have a slight burning sensation.
Could it be herpes, if not what other similar condition could it be?

Thank you,

Greg
anyone?
From the symptoms the possibilities of folliculitis are more rather than genital herpes. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Signs of herpes presents as itchy painful blisters anywhere on the genital area. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.