Does the Clarisonic really work?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Does the Clarisonic really work?

I am a teenager with combination skin and mild-moderate acne, as well as occasional dry spots.
I have been looking for ways to clear up my face and improve my skin overall.
The Clarisonic (Mia) appears to be a really good option, and most reviews have said that it works.
However, before I spend all that money on it, I want an opinion from a dermatologist on whether or not it really works.
Thanks!
Tags: Dermatology, clarisonic, Acne, teenager
You should not use Calrisonic without your doctor’s guidance as it can cause redness, erythema and sometimes worsening of the acne conditions. Just keep you face clean by washing with a mild soap atleast twice a day.Pat it dry and do not rub it.Avoid picking or pressing the acne.You can also use Benzoyl peroxide 5% lotion or gel once at bedtime. An amount of lotion the size of a pea should be enough to cover most of your face. If your skin becomes red or peels, you are using too much of the medicine or applying it too often. If the symptoms persist then with the help of the doctor, the treatment of oral antibiotics, contraceptive pills, retinoids, cortisone injections, chemical peels and laser treatment can be your choices.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.